Ellis Insurance Agency
The Ellis Insurance Agency is an independent risk management firm dedicated to providing extraordinary service and intelligent insurance to our clients. Their agency provides strategically tailored business insurance solutions, including wine collection insurance coverage.
All too often, the assumption is that wine is automatically covered by home insurance. And all too often, it is not. Most insurance policies are not designed to accommodate the risks or loss settlement challenges a wine collection presents.
To that end, Ellis Insurance and Wine Services Alliance have partnered to create a tailored insurance program for fine wines and collectible liquors to clients via InsureMyWine.com
The insurance available through InsureMyWine.com is designed for personal collections stored at Wine Services Alliance’ facilities, as well as those portions of the collections stored in private cellars and homes.
InsureMyWine.com Program Benefits: Exclusive features and benefits for Wine Services Alliance Members:
Wine Owners is an online wine collection management platform for people who love fine wine. For Wine Services Alliance Members, Wine Owners can provide a WSA member-specific branded solution that builds a bridge between warehouse systems and a best-in-class client facing collection management platform. Their Wine Management Platform (WMP) has been developed to allow wine storage facilities to provide a total client-facing solution to their storage customers and includes a fully-operation warehouse management system or can fully integrate with your existing backend warehouse systems.
White Label Solution Features and Benefits for:
operation warehouse management system
- Customer-driven consignment of wines to WSA Member ecommerce store
- Visualization of facility inventory in warehouse by clients including provenance
- Valuations, price graphs for over 270,000 fine wines (inclusive of vintages) including other must-have information: Current market, price graphs, drinking windows, reviews, scores, profiles, thumbnails, digital asset management. Real-time inventory valuations for clients, and insurance premium calculations.
- Standardized fine wine descriptions for improved accuracy of inventory and information-rich wine content
- Optional pre-arrival information for inbound shipments with one of the largest industry databases of wine names
- Comprehensive administrative access for warehouse staff
- All relevant information in one place that includes the data from warehousing systems, inspection photos, all supporting documentation, international market pricing and price history (Europe and USA data sets), scores and other required information.
- Clients can also add their wines held in other locations to create a 360° view. These can be quickly uploaded thanks to an intelligent upload function that recognizes and matches incoming wines to standardized descriptions.
Founded in 2005 by Casey Dillon, BRONZE is a San Francisco Bay Area design studio focused on branding, packaging and engaging web experiences for the wine industry. BRONZE also has specific experience working with wine storage and collector services businesses via both digital and print marketing. Special discounts are afforded from BRONZE to Wine Services Alliance members.
The Wine Mover
Founded in 2003, The Wine Mover is led by a team of industry veterans with decades of experience in wine transportation, temporary storage, handling, and collecting. TWM has the insight and know-how to safely provide temperature-controlled, white glove, transport and storage services to the wine community. They understand wine is a unique good in that its value and perishability are directly tied to how the wine is transported and stored.
The Wine Mover SmartShip Wine Program, a program designed exclusively for Wine Services Alliance Members, will give member’s clients the ability to consolidate and ship all of their Napa and Sonoma winery purchases utilizing best-in-class shipping methods via temperature controlled vehicles from our door to your storage facility door—all at a fraction of the cost vs common carrier.
Cote d’Or Imports
Since 2006, Cote d’Or Imports has provided legal custom import services for wine collectors and visitors to France. Located and specializing in the Cote d’Or region of Burgundy, imports are possible from all regions of France, including producers and wine shops in the Cote du Rhone, Champagne, Loire Valley, Alsace and many more.
Our services for our consolidated shipments include the following:
- Pick up of orders in the Cote de Nuits/Cote de Beaune. Reception of orders in our Burgundy warehouse for other regions of France
- Back labeling of bottles in our French warehouse to be sure that all bottles follow the US requirements (Government warning, imported by requirements, etc.)
- Certificate of Label Approval (COLA) obtained from the TTB for legal importation of wines by Cote d’Or Imports
- Order verification – in case any corrections need to be made before departure from France
- All French customs export procedures
- All US import procedures including duty, tax, TTB regulations, etc.
- Delivery scheduled with recipients before delivery
WINE STORAGE BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT & COLLECTION MANAGEMENT
KHB Wine Consulting
TO THE TRADE
- Strategic Partner Development: For companies in the collector services niche looking to develop new business let KHB Consulting leverage its business development experience and key relationships in the industry to help. After gaining a full understanding of your business and future goals, we will provide a customized development plan of cultivating new Strategic Partners from a regional and national standpoint that will complement your company with the ultimate goal of driving new business.
- Advisory Services–White Labeled For Wine Service Alliance members: KHB Wine Consulting is an advisory firm tailored specifically for the wine collector community, that can be white-labeled specific to WSA members brand for continuity purposes. Our comprehensive approach to advising collectors allows us to assist in all aspects of proper wine collection management. No matter the size or what stage the collection currently is in terms of acquiring, liquidating or a shift in preferences in wines, KHB Wine Consulting can assist in the management and navigate the process for your collector clients.
- Development of New Business Initiatives: As the landscape in the collector services industry grows more competitive, companies need to adapt and understand the best ways to not only keep their current clients but to stay ahead of the curve and continue to attract new ones. Having past experience in both managing and handling the business development for collector services and wine storage businesses KHB Consulting can help you develop new initiatives that strategically differentiate you from your competitors, provide value-added services for your clients and add stand-alone revenue to your existing core business.
FOR THE COLLECTOR